This section discusses options and exemplars for including the Enrolled Nurse (EN) Toolkit and the Care Worker Toolkit in your curriculum, and provides access to the Implementation Guides (with introductory and mapping information) for each topic.
Implementing the EN Toolkit:
- Integration as a complete unit of study
- Inclusion of selected topics, sessions, case study videos or individual activities within a unit of study
- Adapt the EN Toolkit activities to meet course and assessment requirements.
The EN toolkit V2 is aligned to the unit of competency HLTENN010 Apply a Palliative Approach in Nursing Practice
The EN toolkit V3 is aligned to the unit of competency HLTENN068 – Provide end of life care and a palliative approach in nursing practice (Release 2)
Provide student access to the learning modules:
- Embedding the EN Toolkit content, hosted on the Palliative Care Education LMS and/or case study videos within your unit.
- Uploading the EN Toolkit to your Learning Management System (LMS). There are six topics within the EN toolkit. Each session within a topic is available as SCORM 1.2 / 2004 files which can be easily uploaded into your LMS for your students to access.
Implementing the Care Worker Toolkit:
- Integration as a complete unit of study – the Care Worker toolkit is aligned to the unit of competency CHCPAL001 Deliver Care Services Using a Palliative Approach (Version 2)
- Inclusion of topics, sessions, case study videos or individual activities within a unit of study
- Adapting the Care Worker Toolkit activities to meet course and assessment requirements.
Provide student access to the learning resources by:
- Embedding the Care Worker Toolkit content, hosted on the Palliative Care Education LMS and/or case study videos within your unit.
Customising the resources to suit your course:
The project team can provide tailored support to assist with integrating either of the PCC4U Toolkits into your program. This includes:
- Face-to-face or videoconference meetings
- Teaching and learning workshops
- Curriculum and resource mapping activities.
Queensland University of Technology owns the intellectual property in learning materials developed for the Palliative Care Curriculum for Undergraduates. As a part of this copyright you may download, display, print and reproduce this material in unaltered form only (retaining this notice) for your personal, non-commercial use or use within your organisation. It is acknowledged that the PCC4U learning materials may need to be adapted for use to support student learning. Your organisation may obtain an additional licence in relation to the materials available on this website, including a licence to make alterations to these materials, by entering a licence deed poll with QUT. Requests and inquiries concerning reproduction and rights should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
See copyright information for further information and suggested citations.