Using PCC4U Core Modules and Focus Topics
PCC4U Core Modules and Focus Topics
The PCC4U Core Modules and Focus Topics were developed following a range of consultative activities and evidence reviews. The resources are subject to regular review and update in response to emerging priorities and evidence in palliative care. The version of learning resources available on this site were updated in 2020. For a comparison between the existing and updated resources, access our ‘About 2020 PCC4U website’ page.
Implementing the PCC4U Core Modules and Focus Topic resources can include:
- Integration as a complete unit or elective
- Inclusion of module or topic sections or activities in a unit of study
- Reference to content as part of additional readings or support materials.
Providing student access to the learning resources:
- Via this website – provide a link in learning materials or via Blackboard, Moodle or other learning management system.
- By embedding the PCC4U content and / or case study videos within content creation applications
- Via PDF writable workbooks – available on the Key Documents page and the home page for each core module or focus topic.
Customising the learning resources to suit your course:
The project team can provide tailored support to assist with integrating the PCC4U learning resources into the curriculum. This includes:
- Face-to-face and videoconference meetings
- Teaching and learning workshops
- Curriculum and resource mapping activities.
Records of Participation
After completing a PCC4U learning module or focus topic, the participant can download and complete a Record of Participation. It is the responsibility of the individual to maintain a record of evidence to support the hours of learning claimed.
The PDF-writable document can be found on the home page of each module. The PDF needs to be downloaded / saved and opened with Adobe Reader to edit individual details.
Key Documents for Implementation
The key resource developed by PCC4U to guide and support inclusion of palliative care in undergraduate curricula. It includes core values, desirable learning outcomes, principles for learning and teaching, and benchmarks for curricula.
The Curriculum Blueprint provides a summary of module and topic content to assist with integrating the content into your curriculum.
The learning module implementation guide has the complete set of learning resources and includes an outline of the structure and content of each module and focus topic to assist with integrating the content into your curriculum.
Workbooks are available to support student recording of responses to the core module and focus topic thinking points. A collated set of the workbooks is available to preview and print from the link above. Workbooks for each core module and focus topic can be accessed from the introduction page for that module/topic. Students can print out and write in the workbook, or type directly into the PDF-writable document. The downloaded file needs to be saved and opened with Adobe Reader to allow typing and saving of responses.