It is essential for all healthcare professionals to develop the capacity for reflection and self-evaluation of their professional and personal experiences, and to consider how this can impact on themselves and others.
Consider the module you have just completed and reflect on the following questions to assist with your ongoing development:
- What key points have you learnt from the activities in this module that will help you in providing care for people with life-limiting illnesses and their families?
- What specific strategies do you plan to incorporate as a graduate healthcare professional?
- Do you see any difficulties using what you have learnt here as part of your practice as a healthcare professional? If so, what strategies would you use to address these difficulties?
CONGRATULATIONS. You have now completed Module 3 of PCC4U, you should now be able to:
- Explain the principles for assessing and managing common symptoms and health concerns associated with life-limiting illness
- Summarise evidence-based pain assessment strategies relevant to your profession.