It is essential for all healthcare professionals to develop the capacity for reflection and self-evaluation of their professional and personal experiences, and to consider how this can impact on themselves and others.
Consider the module you have just completed and reflect on the following questions to assist with your ongoing development:
- What key points have you learnt from the activities in this module that will help you in providing care for people with life-limiting illnesses and their families?
- What specific strategies do you plan to incorporate as a graduate healthcare professional?
- Do you see any difficulties using what you have learnt here as part of your practice as a healthcare professional? If so, what strategies would you use to address these difficulties?
CONGRATULATIONS. You have now completed Module 4 of PCC4U, you should now be able to:
- Recognise the different responses and emotions of people affected by life-limiting illnesses
- Discuss strategies for facilitating collaborative decision-making on care goals with people with life-limiting illnesses and their families
- Identify interventions that will optimise physical, psychological and social function for people with life-limiting illnesses and their families
- Analyse the effect of caregiving on the networks of people who support people with life-limiting illnesses.