It is essential for all healthcare professionals to develop the capacity for reflection and self-evaluation of their professional and personal experiences, and to consider how this can impact on themselves and others.
Consider the focus topic you have just completed and reflect on the following questions to assist with your ongoing development:
- What key points have you learnt from the activities in this module that will help you in providing care for people with life-limiting illnesses and their families?
- What specific strategies do you plan to incorporate as a graduate health care professional?
- Do you see any difficulties using what you’ve learnt here as part of your practice as a health care professional? If so, what strategies might you use to address these difficulties?
CONGRATULATIONS! You have now completed Focus Topic 1 of PCC4U. You should now be able to:
- Discuss the key principles and components of an effective multidisciplinary approach in responding to the needs of individuals with life-limiting illnesses
- Identify the role of the multidisciplinary team in caring for people with life-limiting illnesses and their families
- Analyse the various care contexts and the roles of the multidisciplinary team in caring for people with life-limiting illnesses.