It is essential for all healthcare professionals to develop the capacity for reflection and self-evaluation of their professional and personal experiences, and to consider how this can impact on themselves and others.
Consider the focus topic you have just completed and reflect on the following questions to assist with your ongoing development:
- What key points have you learnt from the activities in this module that will help you in providing care for children with life-limiting illnesses and their families?
- What specific strategies do you plan to incorporate as a graduate healthcare professional?
- Do you see any difficulties using what you have learnt here as part of your practice as a healthcare professional? If so, what strategies might you use to address these difficulties?
CONGRATULATIONS! You have now completed Focus Topic 3 of PCC4U. You should now be able to:
- Discuss the key principles associated with caring for children with life-limiting illnesses and their families
- Describe the process of assessment and management of children with a life-limiting illness and their families, through an interdisciplinary approach to care
- Identify strategies to facilitate coordination of care for children with a life-limiting illness, their families and their communities.